Cinematographer. Coming from a working-class family, a native of Vladivostok, who graduated from an art school in Krasnodar before the war, as a set designer, he got into the people's home guard in 1941 and defended Moscow. In 1943 he graduated from VGIK and was sent to the Sverdlovsk Film Studio, where, as a second artist, he took part in the work on the Silva and Testing tapes. Then he worked at the Riga and Odessa studios. In the 1970s he worked in Leningrad. Honored Artist of the Russian Federation (1997). He died on March 2, 2008 in St. Petersburg.