Director, screenwriter. Honored Artist of the Byelorussian SSR (1976). He graduated from the North Kazakhstan Mechanical Technical School (1946), directing faculty of VGIK (1956, workshop of G. Kozintsev and S. Skvortsov). Before studying at VGIK, he worked as a designer in the design offices of Leningrad and Petropavlovsk. He began his creative activity as a documentary filmmaker (the film “National craftsmen”, issues of the Pioneer film magazine, stories in the film magazines Sovetskaya Belorussiya, Pioneer Belorussia). He was buried in Minsk, at the Moscow cemetery.