April 30, 1917, Batraki Station, Samara Province - October 1, 1997, St. Petersburg. Merited Artist of the RSFSR (06/25/1957). People's Artist of the RSFSR (07.21.1977). In 1941 he graduated from the Leningrad Theatrical Institute (course B. Sushkevich). During World War II he served in the army ensemble as part of the 8th Army. Member of the defense of Leningrad. Since 1945 - actor of the Leningrad Bolshoi Drama Theater (now the Bogot Theater named after G. A. Tovstonogov). In the cinema - since 1953. Member of the CPSU since 1952. He was buried at the Volkovsky Orthodox cemetery of St. Petersburg.